In 1897, seven Island Dairies came together to form Dairymen’s Dairy that would later become Meadow Gold. The original site was Waialae Golf Course. The organization, comprised of the Waiʻalae Ranch dairy, Kaipu Dairy, Mānoa Dairy, Honolulu Dairy, Nuʻuanu Valley Dairy, Woodlawn Dairy and Kapahulu Dairy, came to be known as the Dairymen’s Association.
Meadow Gold Dairies Hawaii will celebrate its 125th Anniversary next year! Meadow Gold is committed to giving back to the community that has kept it afloat for over a century! The company donates over 90 thousand gallons of milk, juice and ice cream annually to local food organizations like Aloha Harvest and Big Brothers Big Sisters Hawaii.
How might we design a sustainable food landscape that is less dependent on mainland resources? We need to creatively think about sourcing land, growing local feed and expanding the state’s processing capabilities. Meadow Gold is interested in building a blueprint that will empower others to participate in local agriculture.
Managing Principal Meadow Gold Dairies Hawaii